Thursday, December 21, 2017

Year-End Awards

Hi folks,

I guess we’re winding down for the year here (if winding down means thinking about what Mike Wallace may or may not do this weekend, when you haven’t thought about Mike Wallace in years and were a little surprised he was still in the league and doesn’t he kind of suck but who else is catching passes for the ravens and could he be better than Hyde or Gordon?)

Regardless, it’s time for some year-end superlatives.

Best Draft Picks:  Sean, due to the degree of difficulty.  Not even a contest.    
Worst Draft Pick: Commish (David Johnson, bought for $1 Million)

Best Team Name:  Steve, 2Chickens2Paralyze
Got a hobby that I really like to do
It might seem pretty weird right now if I told you
I've waited so long, waited so long
I've waited so long, waited so long
I've got my gloves and my hammer right with me here
I've got two chickens in my backyard, now baby they're gonna disappear
I've waited so long, waited so long
I've waited so long, waited so long

I've got two chickens to paralyze
I'm gonna ring their necks and break their thighs
I've got two chickens to paralyze
I've got two chickens to paralyze
Worst Team Name: Sausage Auction Bitch.  You made the playoffs dude!


Most Bitter Owner:  3-way tie.  Falafel, Mike Cole (teams are still scoring on him), Maine (8th year in a row).
Least Bitter Owner: Mike Frank, whose team was consistently terrible and is just happy he’s not the auction bitch.

Best Team and most Toyota League Medals: Thong

Best Waiver Wire Pickups:  Commish (Funchess), MikeFrank (Wentz)
Dennis Northcutt Memorial Worst Waiver Wire Pickup:  tie.  Kerwynn Williams, Cameron Brate, Terrance Williams

He might come back, but didn’t Pickup: Everyone that wasn’t me, David Johnson
He might come back, but did Pickup: Mazzle, Greg Olsen
He might come back for one game, throw 3 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, and get put right back on the I.R. and it didn’t matter because neither made the playoffs anyhow Pickup:  Maine, Aaron Rodgers.

Best Trade:  Thong, by default
Worst Trade:  Commish, by default.  Hey, Tarik Cohen could have been awesome!  If Gostowski kicks 7 field goals this week, I’m gonna be hella pissed.

Waiver Wire Champ:  Commish by a landslide.  Yahoo got scratch and claw marks all over their damn self.
Waiver Wire Chump:  Robby.

Auction Bitch:  Falafel and his boy Ertz. 

Jean Shorts Champion:  Officially too early to call – either Mike Cole or Mazzle.  But what the hell, either way, let’s just give the jorts to Bradley, who can continue the Gator legacy. 

Poster of the year:  I dunno man...let’s award it to Robby, for bookending his season aptly:


Alternative Fact #1

I will win the championship this year.


That s about right....

I lose because of a blocked chip shot field goal. That about sums it up. Goodnight and God bless you all.


   
Peace, love, and chicken grease,

- The Commish